Sunday, October 4, 2015

DigiTech TRIO Band Creator Sound

I recently got a DigiTech Trio. A really cool device. I use it to add some background to my blues practicing.

Out of the box, plugged into my guitar amp, there was a problem though. I didn't like the sound of it. It actually hurt my ears. I kept going back to the DigiTech web site to check for firmware updates hoping that the scratchy sound of the drums and snares was something that might be corrected with a software update.

There were no updates and I started thinking about other ways to improve the sound. The solution is actually simple: don't run the bass and drums output from the Trio through your guitar amp. Use a dedicated, linear loudspeaker.

Check out the following video for a sound sample:


No comments:

Post a Comment