Sunday, November 8, 2015

My favorite guitar

This is the guitar I've been playing since about a year:

  • Fender Custom Shop 1965 built to spec Stratocaster with relic/closet-classic finish (Nov. 2012)
  • Serial #R53483, Part # 11180111-49
  • Black, alder body, rosewood fingerboard, white pick-guard
  • Mid 60's style oval "C" neck with custom 9.5" TO 12" compound radius
  • Mother of pearl inlays
  • Abby hand wound 65 pick-ups
  • Vintage 2 7/32" string spacing at bridge
  • Vintage tone pot wiring (no pot on bridge p/u)
I found this guitar (or it found me) in January 2015. I walked into a guitar store with the aim to get a new guitar (my second one). I didn't have a specific model in mind but I always liked strats. It was a quiet afternoon in the store and I just sat down and took my time trying out about 10 different guitars. Of the ones I tried, this one was just different - the feel, the sound, the look! I didn't know it was a custom shop model until after I had played it. The price was about twice my target budget but I had to have it. Checking the specs against the Fender Custom Shop options and price list after I had bought it, I realized that I actually got a good deal from the shop (a 35% discount).  








1 comment:

  1. My compliments, a very nice one. I recently got a similar black one MIM Player (in pau ferro) and new AlNiCo V pickups and would like to scientifically adjust the heights of three pickups (i.e. based on output levels) instead of the suggested standard heights. which proved to be disappointing. Any suggestion?

    ReplyDelete